Is safety on the road, your main concern? If so, think more about blindspot related accidents. The only way to avoid these accidents is to use frameless blind spot mirrors. Here you may have two options, either to buy a mirror with a frame or without a frame.
Our experts prefer frameless more than framed ones. As they look stunning and can adjust easily. Moreover, they provide an affordable way of improving road safety. Modern vehicles have built-in blind spot detection technology. In which the light illuminates on the side mirror to tell you when any vehicle is in your blind spot.
What to do if your vehicle is lacking this technology? No need to worry, you can buy blind spot mirrors separately and put them on the side as well as rear mirrors to increase road safety. There are so many types and shapes of blind spot mirrors available. Some are round, some are oval, and some are fan-shaped.
In a hurry? Let’s check our overall best pick & editor choice for you.
In simple words, blind spot mirrors are one that allows you to see what you want to see. Now the question may pop up in your mind of what I want to see on the road. Obviously, you want to see whatever is present in the surrounding of your vehicle. That is the main job of this supportive mirror.
At a glance these are the 5 best frameless blind spot mirrors 2022:
- LivTee Frameless Blind Spot Mirror (Click here to view)
- Ampper Frameless Stick-On Mirror (Click here to view)
- AmFor Convex Lens Frameless Mirror (Click here to view)
- Utopicar Blind Spot Mirrors (Click here to view)
- POMFW Frameless Blind Spot Mirror (Click here to view)
Comparison Chart of Best Frameless Blind Spot Mirror 2022
- 360 Degree
- More Safety
- HD Glass
- Easy To Install
- Service Guarantee
- Maximize your view
- Frameless ultrathin slim design
- Suitable for interior or exterior
- Super strong 3M adhesive
- Oval shape with maximum visibility
- Look good
- NO-FAIL ADHESIVE
Top 5 Best Frameless Blind Spot Mirrors Reviews
Still not convinced? Keep on reading our top picks and change your mind!
What to choose and how to choose? This post will help you to make the right choice of the best frameless blind spot mirror for your vehicle. Our team of experts tested hundreds of frameless blind spot mirrors and narrowed down the list of the 5 best blind spot mirrors on the market for you.
No one can beat this budget-friendly frameless blind spot mirror in quality. It’s an upgraded version with a 360-degree rotation and sway. It comes with an adjustable mounting bracket. This feature makes it easy to install.
Talking about shape, its convex design increases safety. Its shape eliminates the blind spot effect when passing and changing lanes on the road. This product is suitable for any Car, Van, SUV or Truck. You can read this post to know more best blind spot mirrors for cars.
Good news: The frameless HD glass is IP65 waterproof as well as rustproof. Its slim design is an all-time favorite feature of vehicle owners. Moreover, it’s one of the best no haze rearview side mirrors.
Simply easy to install. Just clean the place on the side mirror where you want to put it. Next, stick it onto the mounting bracket and finally put it on the side mirror. Manufacturer of this product guarantees service. Feel free to contact me if you face any issues.
- Round shape
- Maximum visibility
- High durability
- Not adjustable, fixed
There’s nothing cool like this frameless fan-shaped blind spot mirror. That’s why its regarded as best overall. It helps to maximize your view with a wide-angle in the car. Moreover, its complex shape design is helpful to forecast the surroundings of the car. This product is best on the market by giving customer reviews. You will be amazed this product received 12000 plus customer reviews on amazon.
When it comes to size, it’s ultrathin with a dimension of 2.64″ (67 mm) x 1.77″ (45 mm) oval. You will get 2 pieces in each packing for both left and right side mirrors. The extra qualities of waterproofing and haze-free glass make it stand number one position.
Its unique design makes it suitable for interior and exterior use. It comes up with a pivot base and a 3M adhesive to stick firmly in place. You can also put it onto the rearview mirror to check the safety of back seat children.
If you’re still unimpressed, then maybe its easy installation feature will change your mind. Clean your side mirrors with alcohol before installation. It will take one or two seconds to stick in place with adhesive underneath. You can buy it for every kind of vehicles such as truck, car, SUV, RVs, and vans.
Seriously, who won’t want this top-quality safety gadget for their vehicles?
If you’re on the hunt for a blind spot mirror with a universal fit characteristic, this is the best choice. It is an essential safety accessory for all cars, RVs, Vans, and Trucks. With the easy installation feature of mounting a swivel bracket, you can maximize visibility.
Versatile in its shape. It is round from one end and oval from another end. You need not worry about traffic around your vehicle when changing the lane. This mirror will increase safety by eliminating blind spots for safe driving.
Durability is an additional feature of this amazing mirror. It is waterproof, rustproof, and haze-free glass. It comes up with a 3M adhesive in the pack to ensure strong adhesion on the side mirror surface. You can put it anywhere, exterior or interior on the rear mirror to get a backseat view.
What’s more impressive is the curve in the middle of this mirror. This design helps to forecast your surrounding during driving. Simply apply adhesive to the black pivot base and press HARD on the surface you want to install.
Your safety is our manufacturer’s main concern. Install it and be ready to go!
What We Like
- Standard size, fit for all vehicles
- Oval with maximum visibility
- 3M adhesive
What We Dislike
- Not easy to remove
What makes utopicar blind spot mirrors different from others? Unlike the above products, it’s a silver film mirror. But its film will never fade with seawater. It comes with a 3M brand adhesive that fastens it firmly on the surface of the side mirror.
Let’s talk about design. It has a dimension of 2.6 x 1.8 x 0.5 inches. Oval in shape with a convex lens that features to eliminate blind spots. This engineering design is best for visibility. Now drive stress free and enjoy your way to go.
From an aesthetic point of view, this frameless design looks like the original mirror. It does not look as if it’s a separate part of the car. It looks stunning perfectly with the side mirror. Because of this unique design, it offers a wide-angle view.
Manufacturers are smart enough. They keep conservative customers in mind when they were designing it. The traditional shape is oval from one side and circular from another side. This feature tends to enhance the workability of this product.
And the best thing? Its price is too low from a safety point of view.
What We Like
- Oval shape with maximum visibility
- Look good
What We Dislike
- Highly reflective due to silvering
One of the top sellers on Amazon, pomfw blind spot mirror offers this fan shape blind spot mirror. It comes in a pack of 2. Its shape makes it a versatile product for customers.
Coming to design, it has no match. The double edge corners of the mirror look decent. This shape facilitates the wide-angle view, which is 360 degrees rotatable.
From a safety point of view, it is amazing. The convex design reduces blind spots when the driver tries to change lanes and is about to take turns. It maximizes your view and displays whatever is hidden from your sight.
This mirror measure 6.6 x 3 x 0.6 inches. Moreover, it is waterproof, haze-free glass. No need to worry about rust in moisture. Just stick it on the mounting bracket and install it on the side-view mirror. To fasten firmly, clean the side mirror before with alcohol.
And the last thing? You can replace it and get your money back. Because it offers a service guarantee.
What We Like
- Easily adjustable
- Available in both glass and plastic
What We Dislike
- The fan shape is not preferable
What To Look For In A Frameless Blind Spot Mirror
Choosing the right frameless blind spot mirror is not rocket science. You need to consider a few important aspects when purchasing one for your automotive. Let’s discuss what to consider:
- Size: Size matters a lot. You need a size that is appropriate not too big not too small in accordance with the side-view mirror. When your mirror size is too small, you may not be able to maximize the back view. But when it’s too larger, it can disturb the functionality of your side view mirror. Keeping in view your vehicle type and side mirror size you can choose the right size blind spot mirror.
- Durability: You need a blind spot mirror that is ultraslim as well as durable. This is because mirror falling is frequent when your vehicle is on narrow jerky pathways. If it is not made up of durable material., it can break easily when falling. It can also hurt you if the blind spot mirror on the rearview mirror falls during driving. Moreover, a good blindspot mirror is a waterproof, rustproof, and haze-free glass.
- Shape: The three most common mirror shapes are round, oval, and fan-shaped. Many drivers found circular mirrors more suitable and natural, while others like oval shapes. They think oval shapes can maximize view angles. New fan shape mirrors are also getting popular, but they look separate from the side view mirror.
- Adjustability: Believe it or not, adjustability is another important factor in size. The right blindspot mirror is always adjustable. It should rotate 360 degrees so that the driver could fix the blind spot. To check if your mirror is in the right position, view the left mirror showing the left side of your car or not. Similarly, for adjusting the right side mirror, check if it shows the right side of the car or not.
- Installation: The right mirror is always easy to install and firm after installation. They come up with adhesive to stick tight on the side mirror. Most of the frameless mirrors have a strong pivot base where adhesive is applied. If your mirror fall frequently, your adhesive or installation procedure is wrong. Watch the video of your chosen mirror before installation.
- Price: The budget determines your choice indeed. If you have a low budget you can buy 2pcs for just 4$ each. The price range of two pairs for a low budget is $10 to $15. For a higher budget, you can buy at a high price of $30. Before spending out of pocket, make sure your frameless mirror is worth your money.
- Adhesive: To ensure high functionality, a firm adhesive is essential. Strong adhesive offers resistance against heat, old, humidity, and rain. Many frameless blindspots mirrors come with a 3M adhesive that is good to fasten firmly on the side mirror surface. Before applying adhesive don’t forget to clean the side mirror with alcohol.
- Design: One of the most important factors is your blind spot mirror design. Its convex surface is specially created to maximize view angle. The right mirror is convex in the middle to widen the view. While round mirrors and oval mirrors are also effective to increase visibility. Choose the design according to your side mirror width.
- Brand: Before spending money, always do proper research. Choose the brand that has already established a name in car accessories. There are so many brands such as AmFor, Utopicar, and POMFW. You can trust them as they are top-selling brands on amazon.
- Anti-glare: The right blindspot mirror has a coating that helps to reduce glare. Your car has to face unusual lights like sunlight, headlights and the lights on the road. If your blind spot mirror coating is highly reflective, you may not be able to view it properly in heavy light. This can cause serious accidents.
How To Properly Install Frameless Blind Spot Mirror
The process of installation is pretty straightforward. Almost all blindspot mirrors come up with an instructions page to follow. There are two types of installation depending on mirror design. Some have a swivel bracket, while others need direct installation through adhesive. Follow the steps below to know the right way to install them:
Step-1: Mark The Location
The first step is to decide where to put your mirror on the side mirror. The right location is the outermost upper or lower edge of the side mirror. You can mark the location with a felt tip marker.
Step-2: Clean The Side Mirror
Now clean up the mirror using the alcohol pad that comes in the pack. If it’s not available you can use cleaning alcohol. Make sure no dust or debris is there on the side mirror.
Step-3: Install The Mirror
Now peel off the paper cover on the adhesive and stick it on the side mirror. Keep drawing pressure for at least 20 seconds. This way adhesive will stick to the surface properly.
Step-4: Extra Step For Swivel Mount
For mirrors with a swivel mount, stick its pivot base on the bracket. Now stick this bracket on the side mirror. You should test adjustability before mounting the mirror on the bracket
Step-5: No Car Wash After 24 Hours of Installation
It’s not a good idea to take your car to a car wash right after the installation of the blind spot mirror. You should wait for at least 1 to 2 days to dry the adhesive completely.
How To Remove Your Blind Spot Mirror
Sometimes you need to remove the blind spot mirror when it is not at the right location. When it comes to removing, you need to be cautious. It’s easy to remove when the adhesive is loose. But when the adhesive is fresh and working well, it’s hard to do.
You can use rubbing alcohol for safe removal. Dip a soft cloth in alcohol and rub the mirror until the adhesive gets weaker. You can use a single-blade razor if the adhesive is still there. But do it slowly otherwise your side mirror will scratch. You can also use a heat gun and hairdryer to melt down the adhesive.
To remove the leftover adhesive, use rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, and adhesive remover.
Frameless Blind Spot Mirror We Recommend: Editor’s Pick
We highly recommend the Best Overall frameless mirror. Our team of experts tested top picks and revealed that this mirror is perfect in design, visibility, durability, size, price, and anti-glare factor.
What We Like
Its size and oval shape allow you to see what you need to see behind your car. From a safety point of view, it’s a perfect choice.
Overall this is the best. If you don’t find it suitable for your side mirror, you can test our other choice too.
Do Blind Spot Mirrors Really Work?
YES, they do work to ensure a safe drive. They let you see what’s hidden in your vision without moving your head. This additional piece of mirror is fitted on the side mirror of the car. Read this in-depth post do blind spot mirrors work.
When you are changing lanes, a blind spot gives you a clear picture of the traffic behind you. Using this can reduce the ratio of road accidents. In an urban environment, sometimes your side mirror view is not enough to get a clear view of all types of traffic close to your vehicle. But blind spot does this job efficiently.
Where is the Best Place to Put a Blind Spot Mirror?
The best place to put a blind spot mirror is the outermost edge of the driver’s side mirror. Some drivers fix it on the topmost outer edge, while others put it at the bottom edge.
When you place it in the right spots, it helps you to view what you need to view. Depending on your height and eyesight, you can change your position.
Can you Eliminate Your Blind Spot by Adjusting your Mirror?
YES, you can considerably reduce the blind spot effect by adjusting the mirror. Stay attentive during the drive and keep changing the mirror position to get a better view of the vehicles behind.
There are so many ways to eliminate blind spot accidents. This includes adjusting the right side mirror so only the right side of the vehicle is visible in it. Similarly, adjusting the left side so that only the left side of the vehicle is visible in it can reduce blind spots considerably.
How Often Should You Glance at the Traffic Behind you in your Mirrors?
According to experts, you should check all three mirrors every five seconds. If it is not possible, you should at least check all mirror views before you slow down, before switching lanes, after switching lanes and before or after every turn.
The right number of glances in mirrors depends on whether you are driving in the urban environment or on motorways. It also depends on what type of traffic is around you. If you are on the road with all types of vehicles, you need to be more cautious. On a one-way route, you can go without too many mirror glances.
The debate between the frame or frameless blind spot mirrors could go on forever. But the truth is that both are safety tools. If you are someone who is looking for aesthetic aspects and durability, then frameless blind spot mirrors are the best options.
Considering the design and efficiency of frameless mirrors, you can safely say that is the future of your car accessories. You may not go far on your ride without them.
But it does not end here– you can use these frameless mirrors on your motorcycles and even racing cycles. All thanks to these tiny pieces of mirror your safety is their responsibility.